You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further Rice University's mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover gift is a way you can help continue our work.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Rice University
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of Rice University
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Rice.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to Rice.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please let us know to expect the distribution and provide us with the name of your IRA provider, the amount of your gift and its intended purpose by contacting Jill Hughes at 713-348-6206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instruct your IRA's provider to send a distribution directly to:
Development and Alumni Relations - MS 81
Attn: Jill G. Hughes
P.O. Box 1892
Houston, Texas, 77251-1892
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.